Mission and Functions of The Cayman Islands Government Office UK:
Established in 1982, the Cayman Islands Government Office in the UK works to:
- Support the extension of all Cayman Islands Government activities in the United Kingdom
- Act as a contact point for and provide consular services to Caymanians (especially Caymanian students) and other stakeholders in the United Kingdom.
- Promote a better economic, social, cultural and political understanding of the Cayman Islands.
- Gather and disseminate information.
- Develop and maintain strategic links.
- Facilitate inward investment opportunities by seeking out and providing accurate information to potential investors.
- Represent the Cayman Islands in the United Kingdom Overseas Territories Association (UKOTA) and at other official or ceremonial events.
- Improve and strengthen the country’s position – politically, economically, and commercially – within the United Kingdom.
The immediate plans for the office are to develop and broaden the connection with the Cayman Islands and the UK, along with the following objectives:
- Promote the Cayman Islands within the UK.
- Create wider opportunities for Caymanian students.
- Create opportunities and identify synergies within the UK civil service for the benefit of the Cayman Islands.
Cabinet Secretary, Mr. Samuel Rose leads the response by his office to decisions concerning governmental policy in the weekly Cabinet meetings, which he attends as a non-voting member.
Since many of the policy areas discussed in these meetings have application across Government, the Cabinet Office includes a number of sections and departments whose work has cross-governmental scope, including the Cayman Islands Government Office in the UK.
Tasha Ebanks Garcia
Cayman Islands Representative to the UK
The UK representative leads the Cayman Islands Government Office based in London and oversees the staff cohort. The office serves numerous functions to advance the interests of the Government and people of the Cayman Islands.
These include representational duties such as facilitating interactions with elected leaders via Cayman’s All Party Parliamentary Group, and representing the Cayman Islands within the UK Overseas Territories Association; promoting investment in the Cayman Islands; fostering understanding of Cayman’s unique economy, heritage and culture; aiding CIG Ministries with external affairs in the UK, and providing services to Caymanians overseas (primarily students).
Cayman Celebrates the 60th Anniversary of the Coat of Arms!
Coat of Arms Celebration Film
Be inspired by the story of the Cayman Islands. Learn about the Coat of Arms, why we are celebrating, and why the Coat of Arms is a point of pride for Caymanians.
The film includes interviews with the Hon Alden McLaughlin, MBE JP MLA, Government representatives and students, and emphasises the importance of the links between Cayman Islands and the UK.
The blue wavy lines represent the sea.